Why become a member?
The Social History Society is open to anyone with an interest in social history. The benefits of membership include:
- eligibility to attend the annual conference
- eligibility for SHS prizes, funds and grants
- online access to 3 leading Routledge journals in social history
- hard copies of our journal Cultural & Social History (subscribing members only)
- free 30 day access to Adam Matthew Digital online digital source collections
- discounted prices on selected Routledge books
- a regular bulletin containing news, CFPs and funding calls
- opportunities to promote and publicise your work or events
How to join
The current subscription rate is £45 a year or there is a concessionary subscription rate of £15 for UK postgraduates, Early Career Researchers, low-wage members, and those working outside Higher Education. All those taking advantage of the Student rate must send a letter with a university stamp, certifying their postgraduate status, to our administrator (email@example.com).
There is also a reduced rate of £15 for retired members. This does not include hard copies of our journal, but otherwise grants access to all the other benefits listed above.
Select your chosen membership below and pay for your membership subscription to join the society.